Date: 17th March 2020
Due to the unprecedented times we are currently facing, nothing is more important to Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries Group than the health and safety of our children in our care, their families and our staff.
We remain relentlessly focused on providing our usual standard of service for as long as possible. Our nursery teams are working hard and have put the following extra measures in place with immediate effect:
- No children, staff or visitors will be allowed access to the nursery if they are experiencing a cough or a high temperature and parents/carers will be contacted to collect their children if they develop a cough or high temperature while at nursery.
- Any visitors to our nurseries including parents and children will be directed to wash their hands (at the nearest hand wash basin) in accordance with the guidance and/or use hand sanitisers on entry to the nursery prior to entering any of our playrooms.
- Throughout the day sanitising of all door handles, telephones, light switches, keypads, devices will take place.
- Messy play will no longer be part of children’s daily routine until further notice i.e. sand, water, playdoh, food play, sensory play.
Appropriate educational activities will be put in place as a substitute.
- All soft toys including soft baby rattles will be removed, until further notice.
- We have postponed our upcoming Open Days, Nursery Information Days, Stay & Plays.
We intend to remain open and provide our usual standard of service for as long as possible, where staffing permits. In the event that we experience staffing issues, priority will be given to those families who need childcare to continue their work in the public sector i.e. NHS, police, fire service, armed forces.
The measures we have put in place are there to protect everyone in our nurseries and we hope you fully understand and support our decisions.
Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries Group – Head Office