Dicky Birds in Surbiton Maple Road, part of Grandir UK, is currently looking for a Senior Nursery Practitioner to join our team. You’ll be working hard to care for, support and meet the needs of our children.
Our mission is to inspire children to grow happy, smart, and healthy and thrive as individuals. Excellent quality childcare and education is evident when the children and family are truly placed at the centre of all we do and as a well-known and sought-after employer within the childcare sector, we recognise it is our people that provide exceptional education and care with every child and family at the centre of all they do.
Join us and enjoy the following:
- Employee benefits portal, which includes discounts at 100’s of online high street stores
- Staff referral scheme – recommend your friends and family to work for us. and be rewarded with a cash bonus
- Heavily discounted childcare
- ‘Wellbeing Day’ – an extra day off just for you
- 24/7 remote GP appointments with prescriptions delivered to your home
- Healthcare cash back plan – claim cash back on medical procedures such as dental care and physiotherapy
- ‘May I Say Thank You’ A whole month dedicated to recognising employees hard work & dedication, including an all-expenses paid awards ceremony
- Reward and recognition points – turn your points into cash through our benefits portal
- Additional paid holiday for Christmas closure to spend with your family and friends
What will you be doing:
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Assume key carer responsibilities for designated children.
- Ensure that all children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Prepare and support children’s activities
- In the absence of the Team/Room Leader maintain effective day-to-day management of the playroom.
- Contribute to ensuring that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Support and mentor students and unqualified staff to ensure delivery of high-quality childcare practice.