Our Support Office in Basingstoke, part of Grandir UK, is currently looking for a Facilities Manager to join our team. The role purpose is to ensure that all Grandir UK nurseries are safe, secure, well maintained, with clean premises by coordinating all facility relating activities effectively and efficiently through a closely managed contractor pool.
Our mission is to inspire children to grow happy, smart, and healthy and thrive as individuals. Excellent quality childcare and education is evident when the children and family are truly placed at the centre of all we do and as a well-known and sought-after employer within the childcare sector, we recognise it is our people that provide exceptional education and care with every child and family at the centre of all they do.
Join us and enjoy the following:
- Employee benefits portal, which includes discounts at 100’s of online high street stores
- Staff referral scheme – recommend your friends and family to work for us. and be rewarded with a cash bonus
- Heavily discounted childcare
- ‘Wellbeing Day’ – an extra day off just for you
- 24/7 remote GP appointments with prescriptions delivered to your home
- Healthcare cash back plan – claim cash back on medical procedures such as dental care and physiotherapy
- ‘May I Say Thank You’ A whole month dedicated to recognising employees hard work & dedication, including an all-expenses paid awards ceremony
- Reward and recognition points – turn your points into cash through our benefits portal
- Additional paid holiday for Christmas closure to spend with your family and friends
What will you be doing:
- Coordinate, plan and action the day-to-day repairs & maintenance requests of all the nurseries within the Grandir portfolio to ensure the Nursery’s safety, the NM expectations are met, and the business remains within their operational budget.
- Coordinate the Statutory Inspections (and remedial works) for all plant and equipment within the nursery portfolio.
- Support with the management of any capital refurbishments.
- Visit the nurseries as required to: Ensure there are safe working environments, identify any facilities issues within the nursery, review any work carried out by our preferred Contractors for both quality and completeness.
- Ensure contractors are assessed as suitable, ensuring relevant due diligence is carried out; e.g. DBS checks and safe contractor schemes
- Ensure we get “best value for money” from all our contractors
- Maintain adequate records for all capital works, repairs and maintenance and servicing including sufficient data for producing performance management information.
- Respond appropriately and expediently to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
- Manage the effective coordination of the Facilities Studio or similar system.
- Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors, and business partners. Ensure effective communication and partnership with the Operational Team so all work is prioritised and carried efficiently and effectively, and all facilities related issues are dealt with expediently and to the customers satisfaction.
- Carry out relevant, necessary tasks in the absence of the Property, Health and Safety Director
- Maintain confidentiality in the workplace and set a good example in terms of dress and behaviour, maintaining the good reputation of the organisation at all times
- Any other tasks that can be reasonably expected in relation to the role
Grandir UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role. We are an equal opportunity employer and select staff on merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.