Nursery Overview Writtle, Chelmsford
*Our Ofsted OUTSTANDING Kiddi Caru Day Nursery is located in the heart of Writtle Village, close to central Chelmsford with easy access from the A414 and A12. The nursery is set in an acre of land and has five large playrooms with direct access to a large open plan garden, providing ample opportunities for the children to play and learn, using a forest school approach to teaching with qualified forest school leaders. The large space the nursery has available, means that the children have the freedom to develop and explore using physical boundaries, to take risks and to discover the world around them using their senses. This can have a positive effect on their self-esteem and their confidence.
A little bit about us:
The team at Kiddi Caru in Writtle are established with some of them having been at the nursery for over 10 years. Over 75% of the team are fully qualified to a Level 3 standard or above including a qualified teacher in our pre-school room. We are also lucky enough to have the 2016 NDNA Nursery Practitioner of the year working at the nursery. Each of the team receive a full induction and have regular training including child protection, food hygiene and the majority also have a paediatric first aid certificate.
- We are Sing & Sign affiliated; a communication programme in particular for babies to encourage simple keyword signing alongside normal speech. The team use this throughout the day to help children's communication.
- Our all-inclusive activities programme, such as Yoga, French, treasure basket play, music and movement are all free of charge and rolled out throughout the week.
- Cooking activities are also available using a children's oven so they can see the whole process from beginning to end.
- Touch screen computers and tablets are enjoyed by the children and helps the develop their ICT skills.
- We provide wholesome food each day prepared by our onsite nursery chef with our range of menus which are checked by a qualified nutritionist.
- We have a 5/5 in our food standards audit.
- 5 large age specific playrooms arranged over a single floor, fully resourced to encourage independent exploration.
Click here to see our latest Ofsted Report.
We look forward to seeing you and your little one very soon!
Jane Pancutt, Nursery Manager