Nursery Overview Silks Farm School and Preschool Somersham, Huntingdon
Located in Somersham, Cambridgeshire, Silks Farm Nursery School has been providing outstanding care to children and babies for over twenty years! Our experience enables us to encourage your child’s personal development and individuality in a friendly and safe environment.
A little bit about us:
- We have a spacious and secure outdoor area that we encourage our children of all ages to use all year round. Including both a grassed area and a soft surface play space for our babies and toddlers to play safely together outdoors. Surrounded by private farm land, we have access to our very own forest school. Our fantastic outdoor space allows us to teach the children about their environment and to respect the wildlife living near to their homes and nursery.
- We supply a wide range of all-inclusive activities programmes, such as French, Oak Activity sports coaching sessions, Yoga with Tatty Bumpkin and Letter and Sound teaching sessions.
- We provide wholesome food each day prepared by our onsite nursery chef with our range of menus which are fresh and have a variety of options that are suitable for each age group
- We keep a record of your child’s time and progress at nursery via a system called ‘Tapestry’, an online learning journal. Using hand held devices we can instantly record and report on your child’s special moments and achievements and link them into your child’s personal profile. You will be able to view the observations as a learning journey, flipping through the pages in time order, or filtering to access your favourite records. It is also a tool for communication and supports our parents as partner commitment.
- Each child is assigned to a specific person who is responsible for ensuring the care and safety of your children and for reviewing and monitoring their development and wellbeing as they settle into the nursery. We have a high quality settling in process to ensure your child is fully integrated into the life of the Nursery from the very start.
- Our unique range of child-led and adult-led activities and nursery facilities are fully supported by the Early Years Foundation Stage for all our babies and children to enjoy
- Animals are a great way to teach children to be respectful, caring and thoughtful towards others and the children love to feed, handle and interact with the chickens. We also have a Rabbit, goldfish and tropical fish
Click here to see our latest Ofsted inspection report.
We look forward to seeing you and your little one very soon!
Eve Edwards, Nursery Manager