Position: Maintenance Technician
Hours: 40 (per calendar mon
Manager: Helen Churchill
Kiddi Caru Day Nursery in Torquay are seeking an experienced maintenance technician to undertake preventative and reactive maintenance tasks within our purpose built nursery site.
The role of Maintenance Technician is to maintain the nursery building - covering all aspects of general building maintenance, including plumbing, electrical and carpentry work. To resolve day to day repairs required within the site.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will positively promote excellent health and safety standards within and around the nurseries, supporting each nursery manager to maintain a safe environment for children in our care.
• Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the Nurseries and surrounding grounds;
• Work positively with the Facilities Manager to achieve outcomes for the longer-term tasks such as refurbishment, non-day-to-day servicing, redecoration etc.
• Take an active role in the monitoring of any risk areas regarding the Nurseries operations and security and advise the Nursery Manager accordingly.
• Maintain the Nursery as a pleasant, friendly and secure place to work and provide nursery care/education.
• Must have experience in plumbing, painting, decorating, carpentry and electrical knowledge.
• Must be able to work under own direction and be able to prioritise work as well as working on multiple simultaneous activities
• Able to complete tasks in a timely manner to a high standard of quality
• Have a mindset that places safety at the forefront of all work that is undertaken ensuring that the care of the children is paramount at all time
• Good communication skills
• Good timekeeping
• Responsibility for the day to day management of reactive and preventative maintenance
• Undertake regular building patrols to identify any maintenance requirements or Health and Safety risks
• Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that may arise within the property
• Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained/maintained and that safe systems of work are followed
• Qualified to NVQ level 2 in relevant specialism
• Ability to work weekends and public holidays as required to ensure that work is completed to schedule
The role offers the following benefits –
As part of the Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries Group team you will eligible for the following benefits:
• Highly competitive salary – based on your experience and qualification.
• Generous holiday scheme
• Paid bank holidays
• Discounted childcare at our nurseries
• Ongoing professional development, training and promotional opportunities.
• Pension scheme
• Uniform provided
• Flexible as required working – 40 hours per calendar month (split week by week as required for workload)
The Kiddi Caru Nurseries Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.