Catering Assistant (Little Acorns)
Position: Catering Assistant
Manager: Kerry Hawker
Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries Group is currently seeking a Nursery Catering Assistant to join their team.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant. You will have overall responsibility for the management and cleanliness of the nursery kitchen. You will organise and prepare healthy, nutritious and tasty meals and snacks for the children attending the nursery and be familiar with and comply with relevant nursery policies ensuring a high standard of food safety management at all times.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Serve a menu of exciting, well balanced, healthy, freshly prepared meals and snacks with seasonal ingredients.
- Ensure the Nursery Food Safety Management Systems are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that the kitchen environment and all equipment is kept clean and well maintained at all times.
- Take shared responsibility for health and safety throughout the nursery. Be familiar with and comply with the nursery’s risk management, emergency and security procedures and immediately report any safety concerns to the Nursery Manager.
- Plan and cater for children with special dietary requirements including children with allergies, cultural food preferences and weaning/development needs.
As part of the Kiddi Caru team you will eligible for the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Generous holiday scheme
- Paid bank holidays
- Discounted childcare at our nurseries
- Ongoing professional development, training and promotional opportunities.
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- Recommend a friend scheme
The Kiddi Caru Nurseries Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.