What is the purpose of the job?
To provide the highest level of care and education for children attending the nursery. Whilst you are gaining hands on experience in a high quality childcare setting you will be working towards recognised childcare qualifications.
What do you have to achieve?
- With support, the individual needs of children are identified and met.
- With support, equality of access and opportunity is given to all staff, parents and children.
- Company policies, procedures and operational practices are adhered to at all times.
- Positive working relationships with children, staff, parents and carers.
Benefits of Working for Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries Group
- Generous holiday scheme that increases with service and seniority + bank holidays
- Ongoing professional development and training to support you in your apprenticeship
- Paid Christmas closure period
- Life Cover
- Pension Scheme
- Uniform provided
- Employee loyalty scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
Childcare and Education
- Ensuring that the children’s individual needs are identified and met. You will be expected to promote positive relationships between the children and will be expected to develop friendly and professional relationships with parents and carers.
- You will also be expected to be a positive, practical role model for the children, whilst supervising and supporting them at all times. You will ensure that the children are kept safe and that you fully understand and follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Your duties will be dependant on your level of qualification but they will also include a wide range of interactive tasks, including setting up activities for the children, reading stories, playing games, helping at meal times, assisting with nappy changing and toileting and any other duties as necessary, along with joining in with play and creative activities, as this will be an important part of the role.
- You will also help to ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Health and Safety
- You will adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures and be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future.